Harris Academy Sutton
- Dfe number
- 319 4005
- Contact details
- 2 Chiltern Road, Sutton, SM2 5RD
020 3962 4500
- Google maps - Harris Academy Sutton
- Mr James Fisher
- Head Teacher
- Mr James Fisher
- Open Evening Dates
- Saturday 2 October 2021 9am - 1pm (tickets will be available in September)
- Places available and applications received
- Places available for September 2022: 195
Applications received for September 2021: 1601
- School's Profile
- Harris Academy Sutton is a new mixed academy moving into its fourth year in September 2021. At full capacity will cater for children aged 11-19 and will have 975 students in Years 7-11 and 300 in the sixth form. The academy is situated on the site of the London Cancer Hub in a new £40 million state-of-the-art Passivhaus building.
- School Admissions Criteria
- Where the school is oversubscribed, places will be allocated in the following order of priority:
1. Looked After Children and previously Looked After Children.
2. Where there will be an older brother or sister at the school at the time of the younger child's admission.
3. Children of permanent staff where the member of staff has been recruited to fill a vacant post for which there is a demonstrable skill shortage.
4. Proximity to the school from the pupil's home address, the distance measured in a straight line to the main entrance of the permanent school building, with those living closer to the school receiving the higher priority. The address to be used in the initial allocation of places will be the address on 31 October unless a subsequent move has been accepted for allocation purposes.
Where two or more applicants share priority for a place, the child to be allocated will be determined by the drawing of lots.
- Distance offered to in previous 3 years
- Distance offered under criterion 4 for the last three years: