When you register for MyAccount, you can:
- access your bills
- make payments
- receive bills and other notifications by email
- see any discounts or exemptions you receive
- view, download and print statements of account
Information about MyAccount
What MyAccount can do
MyAccount is a secure website that allows you to manage your benefits and council tax accounts with us. You can view :
- benefit notification letters
- check instalments
- view your Council Tax account
You can access your account any day or time.
It’s easy to use and it’s free to register.
Our online services
We currently offer an online system for housing benefits, Council Tax and business rates.
Council Tax and business rates
- manage your account
- set up a direct debit
- make payments
- apply for single person discount
- amend address details online
- check your payment details including the next payment date
- advise of a change in circumstances
- check your calculation/entitlement summary
Who can have an account
MyAccount is not only for those living in Sutton
You may need to set up an online account if you are:
- claiming housing benefits from Sutton Council but are currently housed outside of Sutton, or
- if you are a landlord not living in the area but have accounts at an address in the borough
MyAccount and security
We are committed to protecting your privacy online and make every effort to ensure your personal details are kept safe, and secure and meet strict data protection rules.
When you register for an account, we verify your identity by checking your:
- Council Tax reference or claim reference
- email address
- security question
We take steps to ensure our website is virus free, but you should ensure that you have adequate anti-virus protection on your computer.
You're responsible for keeping your user name and password confidential to prevent unauthorised access to your account.
If you suspect your logon information has been compromised, contact us as soon as possible.
Trouble logging in
To log in you will need to use the email address and password that you entered when you created your account.
Check that you have activated your account
You’ll need to activate your account, the first time you log in.
You can do this by clicking on the link in the email that we sent you when you created your account. This could have been from either email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
If you didn’t receive an email, check that the email hasn’t gone into your ‘spam’ or ‘junk’ folder. If not, register to create a MyAccount again.
If you forget your password
- go to Sign in
- click on ‘problems signing in’
- this then will send an email to the address you have provided, with instructions on how to reset your password.
Changing your password
Once signed in, you’ll see your name in the welcome box below the MyAccount header.
- click on ‘Change Your Password’
- it will ask you to confirm your current one before allowing you to change it to something new and ‘Save’ the changes
Changing the email address that you use
Once signed in, you will see your name in the welcome box.
- click on ‘Current Details’’
- remove the existing email address
- replace it with the new one
- confirm the change by entering your password and ‘Save’ the changes
Finding your bill
Your bill can be downloaded and viewed as a PDF.
This can be accessed at the top of the page under ‘popular services’. Click the first option ‘view your bills and recovery notices’.
Printing off bills
If you need to print off a bill as proof of address for identification for other organisations, go to:
- view Council Tax account
- view Account Services
- view Bills and Recovery Notices
- check you are printing the PDF of your bill and not the ‘account activity'
The difference between account activity and a bill
The bill, otherwise known as a Council Tax Demand details your liability and payment plan. This is sent just before each Tax Year starts (usually in March).
It will show:
- the property band
- the amount you are being charged
- any reductions or discounts you are receiving
- your instalment plan for the new financial year.
- it will also be issued each time your instalment plan changes
The account activity will show the overall outstanding balance, your instalment plan, discounts, payments, method of payment agreed and the payments received to date.
A Statement lays out the balance you have been charged and will confirm the payments received to date.
Your next payment can be found at the top of the page of your online account.
To view your full instalment plan
- click on ‘View Your Bill and Recovery Notices’
- view your most recent bill found under ‘Popular Services’
The last payment received can be found at the top of the page.
To view all the received payments click on ‘Account Activity’ under ‘Popular Services’.
You won't need to make any changes to your account, if you’re moving within the borough and you let us know. We will automatically add your new account to MyAccount.
If you are claiming Council Tax Reduction as well as Housing Benefit you can view the benefit calculation by selecting 'View my Benefits' from the Council Tax section.
If you are only claiming housing benefit then any calculations can be viewed on your award letter. You can find this under 'View my Letters' in the ‘Housing Benefits and Council Tax Reduction‘ section on the home page.
You can access your notification letters by clicking on ‘Housing Benefits and Council Tax Reduction’ on the home page.