Oaks Park High School
- Dfe number
- 319 4008
- Contact details
- Damson Way, Carshalton, SM5 4NS
020 8647 5842
- Google maps - Oaks Park High School
- Head Teacher
- Mr A Amin BSc (Hons) MA
- Open Evening Dates
- Tuesday 21 September from 5.30pm to 8.30 pm. (This is provisional; please check school website for updates)
- Places available and applications received
- Places available for September 2022: 210
Applications received for September 2021: 636
- School's Profile
- Oaks Park High School - part of the Cheam Academies Network - is a mixed school for students aged 11 to 19, which is truly comprehensive. We are an inclusive and caring school, proud to serve our local community.
Our goal is to help young people develop the skills, knowledge and qualifications they need to become adults we can be proud of. Our staff are fully committed to students’ wellbeing, achievement and progress in all areas. Our students have a wide range of talents and abilities and we aim to develop every child to help them reach their full potential. This is done through the teaching of a broad and balanced curriculum in a school with outstanding facilities that create an inspirational learning environment.
- School Admissions Criteria
- Where the school is oversubscribed places will be allocated in the following order of priority:
1. Looked After Children and previously Looked After Children.
2. Where there are professionally supported medical reasons or exceptional social reasons.
3. Children of permanent staff employed by Oaks Park High provided:
The member of staff has been employed by the school for two or more consecutive years, or the member of staff employed has been recruited to fill a vacant post for which there is a demonstrable skill shortage.
4. Where there will be an older brother or sister at the school at the time of the younger child's admission.
5. Proximity to the school from the pupil's home address, the distance measured in a straight line to the main entrance of the school building, with those living closer to the school receiving the higher priority. The address to be used in the initial allocation of places will be the address on 31 October unless a subsequent move has been accepted for allocation purposes.
Where oversubscription occurs in categories 1-4 above, the subsequent criterion will be applied as a tie-breaker. If oversubscription occurs in category 5, and home to school distance is equal, lots will be drawn. Where this applies to twins or other multiple births, the school will consider if it can accommodate the additional child(ren) on a case by case basis
- Distance offered to in previous 3 years
- Distance offered under criterion 5 for the last three years: