Occupied property Council Tax exemptions

A property for living accommodation for UK armed forces which is owned by the Secretary of State for Defence is exempt whether it is occupied or not.  This includes barracks and other accommodation on military bases, together with married quarters, provided the accommodation is held for the purposes of forces accommodation.

If you think that your property or your current situation falls under this exemption please apply for a council tax exemption using our online form.