Advice and guides on GOV.UK
As a landlord, you have certain rights and responsibilities when you rent out your property to private tenants.
- Find out your rights and responsibilities
- Find out the rules on tenancy deposits and protection schemes
- Find out how to evict tenants
- Find out the rules on tenancy agreements
- Rent out a room in your home
How we can help
As a private landlord, we can give you free advice on any rental issue including:
Other sources of help and information
If you are a landlord and would like to make an enquiry, please use our online form.