Support for parents and carers
Sue and Sharon from Family Information Service are the people to call if you want any help with knowing what is in your area. No question is wrong, and we'll be happy to help where we can.
Call us on 020 8770 6000, Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm.
We offer local support for you to join other parents, groups and free courses.
Call your local children's centre team for more information, or contact Home-Start Sutton.
- call the Children’s Centre team on 020 8770 5787
- call our Health visiting team on 020 8770 5409
- call the pregnancy advice line, open 24/7 Tel: 0300 123 5473
- Home-Start Sutton Tel: 0208 647 6501
- send an email to home start Sutton
Volunteer Centre Sutton has a new peer support group for Sutton residents who have lost loved ones to Covid. We will be running two groups, one for adults and one for children and young people, on Tuesdays. Both sessions will be held online via Zoom.
Cruse is a charity that can offer information and support with bereavement.
- email Jess at Volunteer Centre Sutton
- call Jess at Volunteer Centre Sutton 0208 6615900
- email your local Cruse branch, or
- call your local Cruse branch on 07904 056 123
Friday morning support group for mums and under 5’s living in temporary or insecure accommodation.
Send us an email to book a place, or call on 0208 647 6501
Sutton Citizens Advice provide free, independent, confidential and impartial advice to everyone on their rights and responsibilities. You can call them on 0208 405 3552.
- you can access online parenting support for free by using the access code ‘TREE’
- you can request support from a member of your children’s centre team using this link and someone will call you within 48hours
- speak to your Children’s Centre about joining a parenting group
- call the Family Information Service on 020 8770 6000 to find out about other parenting support
Domestic abuse support
Come along to our Domestic Abuse One Stop Shop and get the support you need. There is no appointment needed - just drop in.
- the One Stop Shop is every Wednesday from 9.30 to 11.30am.
- you can visit the Not Alone in Sutton website for support.
- call the National Domestic Abuse Helpline 24 hours a day on 0808 2000 247
Emotional and mental health support
Visit the Volunteer Centre Sutton website for volunteering opportunities or call them on 020 8661 5900.
Things to do
Community Works also has volunteering opportunities with Food Banks, Street Pastors and other projects.