Wallington High School for Girls
- Dfe number
- 319 5405
- Contact details
- Woodcote Road Wallington SM6 0PH
020 8647 2380
- Google maps - Wallington High School for Girls
- Head Teacher
- Mr R Booth BSc (hons)
- Open Evening Dates
- Please refer to the school website or contact the school directly
- Test Dates
- Selective Eligibility Test (SET) – Tuesday 14 September 2021For those eligible, the Nonsuch and Wallington Second Stage Entrance Examination (NWSSEE) – Saturday 25 September 2021
- Places available and applications received
- Places available for September 2022: 210
Applications received for September 2021: 1299
Number of girls who sat the SET for 2021: 2261
Number of girls who sat the NWSSEE for 2021: 982
- School's Profile
- Wallington High School for Girls is a selective grammar school. There are approximately 1400 pupils in the school.
- School Admissions Criteria
- Places are allocated to those pupils who are of selective ability in the following summarised order of priority:
1. Looked After Children and previously Looked After Children who achieve the pass mark or above in the entrance tests or whose score is up to 10% lower than the pass mark for the SET and the minimum standardised pass marks in the NWSSEE Maths and NWSSEE English.
2. 100 places on the basis of score in the entrance tests in order of highest score, irrespective of home address.
3. Up to 35 places for Children in receipt of Pupil Premium who achieve the pass mark or above in the entrance tests or whose score is up to 10% lower than the pass mark for the SET and the minimum standardised pass marks in the NWSSEE Maths and NWSSEE English by rank order irrespective of address.
4. Up to 110 places linked to our catchment area circle. This will be in order of highest score to those whose permanent place of residence is within a 6.7km radius of the main entrance to the School building. The address to be used in the initial allocation of places will be the address on 31 October 2021, unless a subsequent move has been accepted for allocation purposes.
In the event of a tie for the final place under criteria 2, 3 and 4 places will be allocated according to proximity to the school, measured in a straight line, with those living nearest gaining the highest priority.
- Selective Eligibility Test Information
- Applicants for this school were required to complete the Selective Eligibility Test (SET) registration form available on any of the participating school’s websites (Nonsuch High School for Girls, Wallington High School for Girls, Greenshaw High School, Sutton Grammar School, Wilsons School, Wallington County Grammar School).
In order to sit the test, the SET registration form must have been submitted by midnight on 13 August 2021.
The outcome of the SET will be sent to parents by email. Those deemed selective will be invited back to sit the Nonsuch and Wallington Second Stage Entrance Examination (NWSSEE). However, success in the entrance test does not automatically mean that your child will be offered a place at the school because each year, more children pass the test than there are places available. If your child does not pass the test, she will not be eligible for a place at the school.
- Distance offered to in previous 3 years