You can tell us about a child, young person or parent/carer that needs support in some way.  This could be about the child's developmental needs, issues that the parent/carer is experiencing, or if you suspect a child is being neglected or subjected to physical, sexual, or emotional abuse.  

You can:

  • call us on 020 8770 6001 between 9am and 5pm, Monday to Friday
  • or call the out of hours or weekend duty team on 020 8770 5000 

If you are a member of the public, we will require basic information from you: 

  • name
  • address
  • details of the child that you have concerns about and the concerns


This information is taken to help our specialist safeguarding team make enquiries, and contact you again if necessary. Information you supply is held in the strictest of confidence and not disclosed to any party; including those connected to the child you have concerns about.

Other ways to report your concerns

Contact the NSPCC for help if you are unsure whether to report your concerns. Call 0808 800 5000 to speak in confidence, or text anonymously to 88858.

If you are worried about a child's school attendance or have any concerns about child employment, you can make an enquiry or report an incident using our online Borough school attendance/child employment enquiry form.