As an organisation that values and nurtures talent, we’re committed to helping you fulfil your potential. We will offer you a supportive, friendly and collaborative environment to grow and develop your career and skills.
We’re constantly striving to improve our ways of working. Putting your ideas across however big or small will be fully encouraged and supported by your colleagues and our dynamic and experienced management team.
Introduced during the pandemic, our WorkWell Programme has proven to be a real driver in empowering staff to deliver high quality services whilst adopting a hybrid working model.
- we empower teams to work in a way that puts their customers first
- allow staff to work flexibly which creates a working environment where staff wellbeing, connectedness and sense of belonging are key priorities
- a broad range of development opportunities supports our modern ways of working and enables staff to develop their careers in Sutton
- our Digital and IT teams are on hand to support colleagues with the tools and equipment to perform their roles
- a "Work from Anywhere in UK" approach
- the introduction of Google Chromebooks and Google Apps has acted as a key enabler for collaborative and streamlined working
- we support staff with the transition from alternative platforms
Adapted office environments
- adapted our office environment to provide spaces where staff can work in the best environment, whatever the activity
- including collaboration spaces, meeting rooms fully equipped with hybrid meeting equipment, pods for online meetings and quiet zones
- informal zones allow staff to connect across the organisation
- wellbeing area offers a space to re-energise throughout the day
Due to the success of the programme, we will continue to evolve our approach. We want to ensure all staff can benefit from a working model that is flexible and inclusive whilst achieving our statutory objectives as a Council.
We also offer a variety of staff benefits, including:
- 27 / 31 days annual leave plus bank holidays - dependent on role
- flexi-time (applicable to roles graded 9 and under only)
- local and national discounts for shopping, eating out and leisure activities
- interest-free season ticket loans
- Local Government Pension Scheme
- bicycle loan facilities and cycle to work scheme
- Cyclescheme - enabling you to get a brand new bike and safety equipment for your commute, and access to our Pool Bikes Scheme
- access to our Zipcar scheme for work use and discounted rates for personal use
- subsidised gym membership