- Name of service
- Sutton Clinical Health Team for People with Learning Disabilities
- Universal, Targeted or Specialist
- Specialist services
- Type of service
- The team provides a specialist service for people with a learning disability where their needs can not be met by mainstream services. The person will need to have a learning disability, be registered with a Sutton GP and be over 18 years of age. (The team also have ‘Continuing Care’ responsibilities for a small number of people who may no longer have a Sutton GP but remain the responsibility of Sutton CSU.) Most people who are eligible are the responsibility of the local authority of Sutton but some may have been placed with a Sutton GP by an external Social Care Commissioners. In such cases the specialist Clinical Health Team will apply a locally agreed protocol to ensure input from the team is appropriate.
- SEND achievement aims
- As well as providing specialist health services to individuals with learning disabilities, the team provides training, facilitates access to mainstream services, promotes health and wellbeing and contributes to service developments for adults with learning disabilities in Sutton.
- Location and delivery
- The Clinical health team is based in the Civic Offices Sutton, however some services are provided from the Sutton Inclusion Centre. People referred to the Clinical health team may be seen at home or in other environments if this is appropriate.
St Nicholas Way
- SM1 1EA
- Target service users
- The team provides a service to people with a learning disability, are registered with a Sutton GP and are over 18 years of age. (They also have ‘Continuing Care’ responsibilities for a small number of people who may no longer have a Sutton GP but remain the responsibility of Sutton CSU. Most people who are eligible are the responsibility of the local authority of Sutton but some may have been placed with a Sutton GP by an external Social Care Commissioners. In such cases the specialist Health Team will apply a locally agreed protocol to ensure input from the team is appropriate.
- SEND accessibility
- The Clinical Health Team is only commissioned to see people aged 18 and over. However some in reach work/advice is available via the learning disability GP link nurse for people from the age of 17.
- The service is provided Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm
- How to access service
The Team operates an ‘open’ referral system, which means any person can refer a potential service user to the team. A standard referral form needs to be completed, this can be obtained by contacting the Civic offices and asking for the Clinical Health Team for people with Learning Disabilities. Alternatively your Sutton GP practice should have a referral form.
- Evaluation of service
The person will have a health care plan which will highlight the outcomes expected from the intervention. These are then evaluated on completion of the intervention.
A user satisfaction survey is given out once input is completed.
- Quality assurance
The Clinical Health Team attends a monthly performance monitoring meeting with the London Borough of Sutton Service Manager for Adults Social Services Health and Housing. During this we discuss how well the team are performing in their application of the client pathway from referral to closure. It is important to note that this is a new process which is being developed currently.
We are also inspected by the Care Quality Commission as we are a registered service.
- Developing information
- We gather the views of people who have received our service by asking them to complete a brief survey. These are then looked at 6 monthly by the joint team managers and any lessons learned and are acted upon.
- SEND staffing
The Team is comprised of;
Challenging Behaviour Specialists
Occupational Therapists (LD)
Speech and Language Therapists
All team members have their registered qualification. In addition most members have worked to Degree and Masters level within their specific specialism. All team members undertake their mandatory training.
Where applicable team members are registered with the HCPC or NMC.
- The Clinical Health team is commissioned by the Sutton Clinical Commissioning Group (CCG). There is no charge for the services provided by this team.
- Any enquiries about the service can be made by contacting one of the Joint Team Managers, Nik Crombie or Alison Ball on 020 8770 6064