Bus days - boost your confidence in independent travel
Bus Days ** are a real but controlled training experience (staged on a double-decker bus) aiming to help increase confidence and encourage independent travel:
- Bus Days run once a month;
- each sessions lasts approximately 90 minutes with up to two sessions running on each date, subject to demand/resource availability (morning 10.30am-12noon, afternoon 12.30-2pm);
- we run scenarios around difficult events/situations which may occur during travel and advise how to deal with them.
- training includes aspects of travel such as personal/belongings safety as well as transport specific information;
- we meet in a central Sutton location;
- we can book groups or individuals
onto the bus days.
Forthcoming Sutton Bus day dates, attendance must be booked in advance.
The next of the highly popular and most helpful ‘Croydon Bus Days’ will take place on the following dates:
20 Sep 17 - Wednesday
12 Oct 17 - Thursday
15 Nov 17 - Wednesday
14 Dec 17 - Thursday
11 Jan 18 - Thursday
8 Feb 18 - Thursday
8 Mar 18 - Thursday
18 Apr 18 - Wednesday
10 May 18 - Thursday
‘The Bus Day is for you if you have a disability or want to become more confident when using the bus. It is open to people of all ages and carers
You will learn:
- What to do if things go wrong
- Where you can get help if you need it
- Who you should ask for help
- How to keep yourself safe
- About dealing in the right way with strangers
- The safe choices to make when crossing the road
The morning session starts at 10.30am and the afternoon session at 12.45pm.
Please also see the attached flyer to find out more and to book your place.
Contact us and ask for the Bus Days:
020 8726 6000 ext.13603 / E: firstname.lastname@example.org
This valuable resource for the residents of Sutton has been made possible thanks to Partnership Working and grant funding to continue in 2015/16 from the Sutton Community Fund:
- Transport for London’s Mentoring team
- he Metropolitan Police’s Safer Transport team
- Sutton Community Transport
- GoAhead bus company