Frequently asked questions

How a child or young person gets an EHC Plan

Parents or carers should speak with the SEND Co-ordinator (SENDCo) at the school or setting about EHC Plans. A decision to issue a Plan will follow a statutory EHC Needs Assessment of the child or young person’s special educational needs and disabilities. This will include the views of the parents/carers, and involve reports from the child or young person’s current nursery or school, from a paediatrician, an educational psychologist or any other relevant professional already involved with the child or young person. Where no reports are available from the previous six months, new reports will be requested.