Changes to the Sutton Selective Eligibility Test 2020
In response to a range of Covid-19 related issues which make early autumn admissions testing undesirable and impractical, many schools which test for a child’s ability or aptitude have decided to postpone admission tests until later in the autumn term. The schools affected in this Local Authority are:
- Nonsuch High School for Girls*
- Sutton Grammar School*
- Wallington County Grammar School*
- Wallington High School for Girls
- Wilson’s School*
- Greenshaw High School (selective places only)
The revised first stage test date is the 11th November 2020. If you child is successful in the first stage test the schools marked with a * above will also have a second stage test, this will be held on Saturday the 28th November 2020.
Despite these changes, parents should still register for the test by the 14th August 2020 and make their common application by the national closing date, 31st October 2020.
If you are a Sutton resident parent/carer:
- Once you receive the results of the eligibility test, you may make changes to your application preferences (such as to add or remove a selective school) providing you notify firstname.lastname@example.org before 10th December 2020. Changes to preference after this date will only be considered after 1st March 2021
- We will similarly accommodate changes to preference relating to late test results for selective schools in other Local Authority areas.
If you are not a Sutton resident parent/carer:
- Please contact your home local authority for their policy on making changes to a school admission application.
If you have questions about test arrangements, please check relevant school websites, or contact the school(s) directly.
We will update this page as further information is received. Please continue to check back for further updates.
For children born between 1 September 2009 and 31 August 2010.
For children born between 1 September 2016 and 31 August 2017.