Working in Sutton
We have a wide and diverse range of career opportunities available, from planning and engineering, to finance, human resources, information technology and social care.
Our vision is to build a community in which all can take part and all can take pride and our 5 core staff values reinforce the vision and provide the underlying context to the way in which we do our work.
- Better together: We work collaboratively with colleagues and partners, recognising that everything we do is for the benefit of our residents
- Less judgment, more empathy: We treat people with respect rather than making assumptions about their needs or behaviour
- No decision about me, without me: We believe that everyone has the right to be involved in decisions that affect them
- We think for ourselves and take initiative rather than waiting to be told what to do
- We consider options carefully and make judgements, and then we take ownership of our decisions, knowing the risks
- We always act with integrity and can be trusted to do what we say we are going to do. We hold ourselves and our colleagues to account
- We take responsibility for continuing to learn and trying to be better at what we do
- We care about our impact on each other, our partners and our environment
- We think creatively, look for solutions and solve problems
- We are always looking for new ideas, learning from our own experiences, each other, and the best in the world
- We actively try new things; we understand that mistakes create opportunities to learn and we manage the risks that arise
- We are passionate about everyone having the best opportunities
- We carefully consider the impact of our decisions, and we always seek to act fairly
- We recognise that equality is about understanding that people are different and have different strengths as well as needs, rather than simply treating everyone the same
- We take advantage of new opportunities and manage risk effectively
- We work with the market and with the community to make the best use of public resources
- We are robust in our business relationships to ensure that Sutton residents get good value for money
The Leadership Expression is a way of supporting all our employees in understanding and living out the leadership we aspire to. It provides all of us with a tool to help assess our own performance, plan our development and achieve our potential.