Housing benefit

Before continuing it is important to know that:

  • most London Borough of Sutton residents, of working age and needing help with their rent, must claim Universal Credit from the Department of Work and Pensions for help with their housing costs

  • whether you are eligible to claim Universal Credit for housing costs, depends on where you live and your personal circumstances

  • most people who have reached Pension Credit age, will need to claim housing benefit

Here you can find out more about Universal Credit.