West Street National School, Sutton
The West Street National School c.1870. This was built in 1854 at a cost of £1,259 19s.
There were three classrooms, a central one for infants, with the others to the left and right for older boys and girls. The school was extended in 1881 and in 1896 there was room for 118 boys, 118 girls and 100 infants. It was closed in 1968 and was soon demolished.
Boys in West Street School. The photo is undated but may have been taken around 1900.