What's on the Menu?
The three weekly menu cycle meets the Food and Nutrient Based Standards for Primary & Special School Meals.
It is planned to take into account popular foods, the time of year and dietary considerations. A group of experienced staff plan the menus, and a nutritional software package is used to analyse them.All new recipes are tested in advance by pupils. Meals are freshly prepared and cooked daily by a team of caring catering staff.
Daily we provide:
- A choice of two main meals, one of which is suitable for a vegetarian diet.
- A choice of two vegetables using local produce wherever possible.
- A salad bar using local produce wherever possible.
- Homemade Wholemeal French Bread.
- A pudding of the day or a choice of fresh fruit, yogurt or cheese and biscuits.
- Drinking water.
The Menu may subject to change at school level.
Soil Association Silver Catering Award
In July 2011 Sutton Catering became the first Local Authority Caterer in London and one of only five Local Authority caterers in Britain to have been awarded this prestigious certification in recognition of their work in actively using locally sourced, seasonal, quality ingredients.
- 75% of dishes are freshly prepared
- A min 5% of food is organic
- All meat is British Farm Assured as a welfare minimum
- All fish apart from Tuna is certified to the Marine Steward Council' s (MSC) environmental standards.
- Skipjack Tuna is used which is not on the "fish to avoid list"
- Local Free Range eggs from Banks Farm in Kent
- Fair Trade castor sugar
- Fresh Seasonal and local fruit and vegetables are used subject to availability
- No harmful additives or hydrogenated fats are used.
- No nut products are used.
- No salt is added to the food.
- Products containing GM foods are not knowingly used.
- All milk used is local organic
We cater for children with special dietary needs. To discuss your child's requirements please contact Angela Hogan, Operations Manager, Sutton Catering on: 020 8770 6581 or e mail firstname.lastname@example.org