Cheam Leisure Centre
Cheam Leisure Centre has provided a venue for local residents to enjoy a variety of leisure pursuits since 1938.
Major improvements to Cheam Leisure Centre
Sutton Council is investing £3.3m on major repair works at Cheam Leisure Centre to enable residents to continue to enjoy using the centre well into the future.
These major works include replacing the swimming pool roof, replacing the heating and ventilation systems to the pool and the water treatment plant as well as additional refurbishment including replacing some windows.
The pool will be closed from 17 March to December 2014
To enable these works to take place, the pool will be closed from 17 March, and residents will be encouraged to use the new pool at Westcroft Leisure Centre in Carshalton.
The 90-station gym, group exercise studio and squash court will remain open at Cheam Leisure Centre throughout the duration of the works which are scheduled for completion in December 2014.
Entrance to the Leisure Centre
To ensure the safety of residents and gym users while the works are in progress, from Monday 24 March the front entrance to the centre from Malden Road will be available for works traffic and pedestrian access only. The principal entrance to the leisure centre, GP Centre, pharmacy and day centre, for vehicles and pedestrians, will be via Priory Crescent.
Traffic and parking
We anticipate there will be a certain amount of increased traffic to the rear of the leisure centre as users of the centres will be diverted from Malden Road along D'Arcy Road and Priory Road, and there may be more on-street parking by people accessing them. At the same time, the car park will have reduced capacity as some of the space will be used by the construction company for their compound. There will be no parking at the front of the leisure centre as this is being used by the construction company.
We will encourage gym users to walk, cycle or travel by bus to the centre rather than using their cars in order to keep both traffic movements and on-street parking to a minimum.
Dropped Kerb Enforcement:
If you wish to report a vehicle parked in front of your dropped kerb without your permission. Please ring the council's enforcement contractor, NSL on 020 8661 9645. You will be asked for your name and address and the Civil Enforcement Officer will knock at your door to confirm you are the householder before issuing a Penalty Charge Notice.
The planning restriction on noisy working ensures that this work may only be carried out between the hours of 8am - 6pm Monday to Friday, and 8am - 1pm on Saturdays.
Further information about Cheam Leisure Centre and the other leisure centres within the borough: Westcroft Leisure Centre, The Phoenix Leisure Centre and the David Weir Leisure Centre can be found at www.everyoneactive.com or you can contact Cheam Leisure Centre directly on 020 8644 2891
Alternatively, you can contact the council directly at firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 020 8770 4009 if you have any specific questions about the work taking place.
News and events
Everyone Active manages this facility on behalf of London Borough of Sutton.
For further information on the swimming pool and fitness programme visit everyone ACTIVE - Cheam Leisure Centre
Mon 7.00am - 10.00pm
Tues 7.00am - 10.00pm
Wed 7.00am - 10.00pm
Thurs 7.00am - 10.00pm
Fri 7.00am - 9.00pm
Sat 7.00am - 9.00pm
Sun 8.00am - 8.30pm
The centre is open normal centre opening hours on bank holidays (Christmas holiday opening times will be different)
Cheam Leisure Centre is providing FREE SWIMMING for residents aged 60 & Over
FREE SWIMMING is available between 8am & 4pm Monday to Friday during all public swim sessions.
To obtain your free swim simply visit the swimming pool and show your FREEDOM CARD or any other proof of age (60 & Over) and of residency and you will be issued with a free membership card. For further details call please call Cheam Leisure Centre.
Health & Fitness Facilities
Everyone Active Memberships are available from the centre. We have different memberships to suit everyone's needs. Our Membership provides unlimited access to facilities at all of our Centres including unlimited use of the fitness centres, exercise classes, swimming, health suite, squash and activities at other centres such as other Freedom Fitness Centres.
Cheam Leisure Centre
Telephone: 0208 644 2891
Fax: 020 8770 4835
E mail: email@example.com
Facilities at Cheam Leisure Centre
- Swimming Pool (30m x 12m) for casual use, inflatable, lessons for children and adults of all abilities and exercise classes
- Sports Hall
- Everyone Active Fitness Centre
- Over 30 Group Exercise Classes
- Health Suite featuring Sauna and Steam Room for relaxing
- Group Cycling Sessions
- Squash Courts
- Women's Morning
- Sutton Evergreens 50+ Sport Activities and Exercise Classes
- Party / Function Room
- Spectator Viewing Areas
- Car Parking
- Refreshment Vending Service
- Toddlers Football - Thursdays 4pm-5pm. Suited for children aged between 3-5 years old. These sessions are for boys and girls of all abilities. The sessions are taken by Crystal Palace coaches and are the perfect introduction to football for your little ones
- Active Ants - sessions take place every Wednesday between 12,30-2.30pm. These sessions are held in our Sports Hall with all of the Soft Play equipment and Bouncy Castles set up. Our coach will supervise the session and lead for sing and dance sessions.
- Karate - Every Sunday evening we run Karate sessions for children and adults. The martial art is an excellent way of increasing fitness, strength and coordination. Sessions are for adults and children aged 7 and over.
- Judo - We run Judo courses every Monday between 4.15pm-5.45pm. Our club take children of all ages and abilities. The club compete nationally and aim to get all members at a standard when they can compete.
- Birthday Parties - Your child can have an excellent party at Cheam Leisure Centre. The centre offers Swimming Pool parties as well as Soft Play and Trampoline Parties every weekend. Contact the centre for more info.