Outer London Fund
Sutton Council has been awarded funding for two projects from the Mayor of London's 'Outer London Fund'.
The projects will improve the look of, and support local business activity and growth, in North Cheam, Worcester Park & Hackbridge town centres over 2012-14.
North Cheam & Worcester Park
The Council is running a collaborative project in North Cheam and Worcester Park. We have been awarded around £2m to make improvements to the 'streetscape' and support local businesses - existing and new. We work with local stakeholders who help to shape the direction of the project.
Updates - March 2014
- Worcester Park shop front improvements The improvements to the curved parade receiving the bulk of the frontage improvements have been completed! (2 - 20 Central Road). The individual shop front works throughout Worcester Park is on-going.
- North Cheam public realm and shop front works The public realm works, the majority of which will take place in front of the parade of shops between Lavender Avenue and Courtney Road, have got underway. The shop front improvements to the same parade will follow soon. Everything will take place during March - April.
- Worcester Park Improvements: Public Survey and evaluation To review the OLF project works in Worcester Park, including the traffic changes to Stone Place entry/exit points, the OLF Project Team ran a public survey, together with traffic counts and traffic monitoring by CCTV (cameras were placed to observe traffic in six locations over a week, in November 2014). Thank you to all who responded to the survey. The results of the survey and the traffic monitoring are currently being compiled into a report.
- Worcester Park public art Further to planning permission, work with the artist to develop the artwork for the side of Iceland in Worcester Park, is on-going.
- SHINE is a local, small business incubator, that runs low-cost business development courses. See their new course programme here.
We are always pleased to hear from people and have a number of ways you can get in touch or get involved.
At monthly Members and Stakeholders meetings we have discussed the progress and development of the project with community groups together with Councillors. These usually take place on the second Tuesday evening of each month. The last meeting is taking place on Tuesday 11th March in North Cheam. Email the Project Team for more details.
Follow us to see pictures and leave comments.
OLFProjectTeam@sutton.gov.uk or contact Hermione Brightwell, OLF Project Coordinator, on 020 8770 5000
Through the Hackbridge Project, Sutton is working hard to become the UK's first sustainable suburb. We're working toward becoming a One Planet Living accredited borough.
Here, you can find out more about the Hackbridge Project