Outer London Fund
Sutton Council has been awarded funding for two projects from the Mayor of London's 'Outer London Fund'.
The projects will improve the look of, and support local business activity and growth, in North Cheam, Worcester Park & Hackbridge town centres over 2012-14.
North Cheam & Worcester Park
The Council is running a collaborative project in North Cheam and Worcester Park. We have been awarded around £2m to make improvements to the 'streetscape' and support local businesses - existing and new. We work with local stakeholders who help to shape the direction of the project.
Updates - December 2013
- Worcester Park Improvements: Public Survey Now that a number of activities and improvements have been completed in Worcester Park, we would like to hear how you feel about them. Fill in our survey here. Closing date is 13th January 2014.
- Following feedback from the public the council is working with designers and Transport for London to finalise improvement designs for North Cheam. We have also been discussing the plans with traders in the centre to make sure that the ideas work for everyone (to read an overview of feedback from the consultation please click here).The plans include:
- improved road crossings on the London Road, and measures to encourage slower and more considerate driving
- redevelopment of the public space outside the parade of shops between Lavender Avenue and Courtney Road
- improving the plantings and trees in North Cheam to give a boost to the image of the centre and improve the space for pedestrians
- increase on-street parking
- Worcester Park public art The community billboard artwork has been approved by Council Planners, and will be going into production in the new year! What would you like to say about Worcester Park? The billboard is an opportunity for community groups to share their message about the area. We will be inviting ideas soon.
- It's Christmas! We hope you have fun at the Worcester Park Christmas event on Friday 6th December, and in North Cheam on Saturday 21st December....
- SHINE, the local small business incubator, runs low-cost business development courses. They also have facilities available for hire at a low cost. If you'd like to help your small business (or small business idea) GROW find out more here.
We are always pleased to hear from people and have a number of ways you can get in touch or get involved.
At monthly Members and Stakeholders meetings we discuss the progress and development of the project with community groups together with Councillors. These usually take place on the second Tuesday evening of each month. Email the Project Team for more details.
Follow us to see pictures and leave comments.
OLFProjectTeam@sutton.gov.uk or contact Hermione Brightwell, OLF Project Coordinator, on 020 8770 5000
Through the Hackbridge Project, Sutton is working hard to become the UK's first sustainable suburb. We're working toward becoming a One Planet Living accredited borough.
Here, you can find out more about the Hackbridge Project