Welcome to Sutton's Register Office
Sutton Register Office can only arrange and help with events happening in England and Wales.
An out of hours service is available solely for religious burials and in extreme circumstances for marriages/civil partnerships. Please telephone 0208 770 5000.
Before carrying on, here are some things you need to know:
- Registrations of births and deaths are completed in the district in which they occur.
- A marriage can be held in any district even if you are not resident within that district.
- Other services such as citizenship ceremonies and the Nationality Checking Service can also be completed in a district other than the one in which you are resident.
- When contacting us, please use our new Register Office enquiry form and please include your phone number, also giving a time when we can call you back.
- If you need to visit, please make sure you go to the Register Office address; staff at other locations will not be able to help you.
We realise that during times of happiness or sorrow you may not wish, or have the time, to call us. To help, we have added all the information you need in the following areas. Here, you will also be able to book appointments and ceremonies as well as order documents. To help you further, we have also added an online forms which you can use to contact us or book appointments and services. This takes a matter of seconds but could save you minutes or even hours!