Drugs and Alcohol
"Working to ensure all those requiring treatment for their drug dependence have access to high quality and effective care that is tailored to their needs; that is recovery focused, and enables reintegration into the community"
Drugs and alcohol are major drivers of crime and anti-social behaviour across the country. While Sutton is fortunate in being a low crime borough, we are not complacent and we have a comprehensive drugs and alcohol programme to help address what is a national problem.
We work closely with all the many organisations involved, including the Council, Police and Health Authorities to commission a range of local drugs and alcohol services for adults and young people in Sutton. We make sure that our treatment programmes are both effective and accessible. Our drug services include:
- Advice and information: available from GP surgeries, hospitals, schools and libraries
- Harm reduction/prevention: this involves needle exchanges and 'outreach' services
- Structured day care treatment: this could be a 12 week care plan involving one-to-one and group counselling, life skills education, relapse prevention and social therapy
- Residential rehabilitation: this could involve Adult Social Services providing 12-24 week care on an individual basis.
Where to Get help!
Adult drug services
- Community Drug Services for South London. Tel 020 8773 9393. Aged 18 and over. firstname.lastname@example.org; www.cdssl.org
- Sutton Community Drug Team. Tel 020 8296 4489. Aged 17 and over.
- Wandle Valley Health Centre - Shared Care. Opiate addiction treatment. Tel 020 8544 2180.
- Kaleidoscope. Tel 020 8549 2681. Aged 18 and over. www.kaleidoscopeproject.org.uk
- Equinox Substance Misuse Service - Day Programme. Tel 020 8770 0108. Aged 18 and over. www.equinoxcare.org.uk
Needle Exchange Schemes: There are no longer any needle exchange schemes being run by any pharmacies.
Drug Intervention Programme (DIP)
- Workers who provide a link between the Criminal Justice agencies and the Treatment Service.
- Arrest Referral Worker. Tel 07968 358 421
- Stepping Out Worker. Tel 07811 128 522. To assist residents coming out of prison and residential rehabilitation
- DIP contact for professional and DIP clients: Equinox Tel 020 8770 0108.
- Community Alcohol Team. Tel 020 8682 6931. Aged 18 and over.
- Equinox Substance Misuse Service. Tel 020 8770 0014. www.equinoxcare.org.uk
Young People Substance Misuse Services
- Sutton Youth Awareness Programme. Tel 020 8770 0017. Aged under 25.
- The Loft. Tel 07736 338 095. Aged 12-18.
- CAMHS Substance Misuse Service. Tel 020 8652 7914. Aged under 18.
- Frank. National drugs helpline. Tel 0800 77 66 00. www.talktofrank.com
- Narcotics Anonymous. Tel 0845 373 3366. www.ukna.org
- Drinkline. National drink helpline. Tel 0800 917 8282.
- Alcoholics Anonymous. Tel 0845 769 7555. www.alcoholics-anonymous.org.uk
- Families Anonymous. Tel 0845 1200 660. www.famanon.org.uk