Application Procedure for Notifiable Work
Application forms, fee information and electronic application submission
The Amended Scheme will be known as the London Borough of Sutton Building Regulation Charges Scheme No. 9 2012. Full details are available from:
Strategic Director (Environment and Leisure)
Environment and Leisure
24 Denmark Road
You can now pay for Building Control fees online (please select the 'miscellaneous' option to find Building Control):
- Building notices
- Full Plans
- Building notices can be submitted for extensions and other domestic alterations.
- Building notices must be submitted 48 hours before work begins
- Notices must be submitted with details of the proposed work and relevant drawings and structural calculations.
- Notices must be submitted with the appropriate fees
- Any building works other than work to single family dwellings must be made via the full plans route
- Full plans must be submitted if you wish to obtain formal approval before work begins
- Applications must include three copies of drawings, calculations where necessary and any fire/means of escape requirements.
- Applications must be submitted with the appropriate fee.
- We will acknowledge your application and inform you if it is incomplete.
- We will approve applications wherever possible or give a conditional approval.
- We will only reject the application if it is in breach of the Building Regulations
- If work has been carried out without Building Regulation approval you can apply for a Regularisation
- Only unauthorised works that have been carried out since 11th November 1985 may be dealt with under the Regularisation process.
- Before a certificate can be issued the work must be inspected and proof of compliance provided.
To apply for any of the above, please download the corresponding form and send with enclosed cheque to address below (fee details can be found on the application form)
Electronic Applications - The Fast & Efficient Option
Send in your next Building Control application online by visiting Submit-a-Plan
Submit-a-Plan.com is the Local Authority Building Control (LABC) portal that enables anyone, with access to the web, to submit applications electronically to Local Authorities across the country free of charge.
It is fast and efficient option compared to printing and posting and will help to reduce your carbon footprint.
Main Benefits of Electronic Submission
- Free of charge to use.
- Open 24 hours a day 7 days a week.
- No printing or postage required.
- To register and submit applications is simple.
- Applications can be managed and tracked online.
- Reduces your carbon footprint.
Please note a charge of £110 will apply when making an application. This covers both the administrative and professional costs in registering, notifying interested parties as well as any necessary site inspections to ensure the work is completed satisfactorily.
24 Denmark Road
Tel: 020 8770 6263 / 6325 / 6312 Email: email@example.com