Strategic Partner Programme
This page provides information on the Council's Strategic Partner Programme which has the aim of investing in a small number of third sector partners who work collaboratively with the Council to develop capability and capacity in the third sector
Strategic Partner Programme 2012-2015
Our Strategic Partners are voluntary and community organisations that support the development of the sector.
We have seven Strategic Partners:
Our Strategic Partners meet the following expectations and criteria:
1. Work collaboratively with other voluntary and community sector organisations at a local, regional and national level
2. Support the development and capacity of the voluntary and community sector, particularly small organisations in the borough
3. Work with the council at a strategic level and act as an advocate on behalf of the wider voluntary and community sector, communities of interest and service users
4. Collectively contribute to the positive reputation of the borough
- Contribute to meeting the council's strategic objectives, including its commitment to equality and diversity
- Contribute experience and expertise to policy development
- Support coherence between organisations in the sector ensuring small organisations are able to engage and participate with other member organisations
- Support Council and individual organisational priorities through the development of volunteers
- Robust governance arrangements
- The organisation is efficient and effective and committed to finding ongoing efficiency savings to deliver value for money
You can see the complete list of objectives [531kb] for each Strategic Partners here.
For information on funding opportunities for voluntary organisations beyond the Strategic Partner grant, please go to the funding page.
The voluntary sector in Sutton
This website provides information in relation to Sutton's voluntary sector. The figures are based on data from the Charity Commission's Register of Charities in England and Wales. The figures are produced by the National Council for Voluntary Organisations (NCVO) in conjunction with South London CVS Partnership and Sutton Centre for the Voluntary Sector. There are 438 registered charities active in Sutton, of which 292 operate at a local level.
Building capacity in Sutton's voluntary sector
This Framework and Action Plan [232kb] is the result of four task and finish group meetings which took place between April and August 2013 involving the voluntary sector and the council. Its aim is to help ensure the voluntary sector in Sutton is in as strong a position as possible to navigate the new financial and service delivery landscape.
If you have any further questions, please contact Victoria Lawson by email or by phone on 020 8770 5779.