Applying for Secondary School (Year 7)
Information on transferring from primary to secondary school in September 2015 for children born between 1 September 2003 and 31 August 2004.
You can start your online application from 1 September 2014 and have until 31 October 2014 to apply. National Offer Day will be 2 March 2015.
Before you apply we strongly advise that you:
- Read the Transfer to secondary school guidance booklet [866kb] - explaining the application process, last years allocation of places and how each school will allocate places this year
- Watch our guidance video which explains how to apply for a school place online
- Please see the open evening dates [62kb]to arrange your visits or contact the secondary schools
If you live within the London Borough of Sutton check here to find out how far away the schools you are interested in applying to (including schools in Sutton and some schools in Kingston, Croydon, Merton and Surrey) are from your address.
Once you have reviewed the above guidance and chosen the schools you would like to apply to, the easiest way is to apply online
Some schools may ask for a supplementary form to be completed. The online application will advise you if this is the case, or this link has more details.
1 September 2014
Online applications open.
September to October 2014
Parents and carers can arrange visits to schools. Please visit school websites for details or see link for Transfer To Secondary School Open Evenings dates 2015.pdf [62kb]
31st October 2014
Closing date for applications. After this date your application will be considered as late.
12 December 2014
Latest date that an application that is late for good reason can be accepted. Reasons and evidence must be presented with the application before this date.
2 March 2015
Notification of outcome posted to parents at their home address, by first class post.
Evening of 2 March 2015
Results available for applications submitted online.
|30th March 2015|
Latest date by which Community School appeal forms can be received to guarantee a Summer Term hearing.
May to June 2015
Students transferring to Sutton secondary schools spend a day at their new school - check with individual schools for details.
- Download and read the Transfer to Secondary School Guidance Booklet 2015 [866kb]
- Download the Transfer to Secondary School Information leaflet [152kb] distributed in September 2014
- View more information on admissions arrangements and supplementary forms
- To contact us, email email@example.com