Enforcement of Planning Control
Enforcement within Planning Development Control is used to address breaches of planning control when development is carried out without planning permission or not in accordance with planning permission that has been granted
Situations which can be considered for planning enforcement include:
- Unauthorised buildings or structures
- Unauthorised advertisements
- Unauthorised uses
- Unauthorised work to protected trees
- Unauthorised work to Listed Buildings
- Compliance with conditions imposed on any planning permission
Not all development requires planning permission, as the works, or change of use, may not require planning permission or it may be Permitted Development under the Planning Legislation.
In cases where enforcement action is taken the Council will serve a Notice on the owners and occupiers of the site and others with an interest in the land.
We liaise with:
- Building Control
- Environmental Health on noise and air pollution
- Housing and Trading Standards
View a chart of the Enforcement Process [135kb] (PDF - 135 KB).
Complaints about Unauthorised Development
Complaints about an unauthorised development must be made in writing to Enforcement, Development Services at Denmark Road, Carshalton SM5 2JG, with the following urgent exceptions:
To report a breach online click below:
*Please note - Anonymous complaints will not be investigated.
Please give as much of the following information as you are able:
- The full address or other location of the site, with directions if remote or difficult
- Name of the owner or occupiers if known
- The nature of your complaint
- When the use started/when the building work started
- Any other information that you can give