Apprenticeships - Apprenticeships in Sutton Council
The London Borough of Sutton are proud to offer a wide range of Apprenticeship schemes for anyone aged 16 and over and not in full time education. Apprentices with LBS will combine full time work and simultaneously study for a nationally recognised qualification under the management and guidance of experienced staff.
The work based qualification can range from GCSE or equivalent to degree level. This is an ideal opportunity for those leaving education or seeking to start a career in a new field and gain new experience.
What we can promise you:
You will benefit from on the job learning and development, gaining invaluable experience and picking up practical knowledge in the workplace in order to add to your skill set and support your next career move.
The end of your apprenticeship will act as a stepping stone into the jobs market making you stand out more to potential employers and best of all, avoiding the ever-increasing student debts many young people face today.
Increased opportunities to continue your career within the Council and working your way up towards more senior positions and benefitting from competitive wages.
Working for a leading Local Authority within the South London Partnership collaboration.
You can apply to be an apprentice for London Borough of Sutton Council if you:
- Are aged 16 or over and not in full time education
- Reside in Sutton and are a UK resident
- Are an enthusiastic, determined and motivated individual with a desire to work and learn.
- Are willing to work full time and allocate one day per week for study towards one of the four types of apprenticeships which can take between one to four years to complete (depending on the level)
- Intermediate Level- this is equivalent to 5 GCSE’s. You will work towards relevant work-based learning qualifications and will lead to a Level 2 qualification.
- Advanced Level- this is equivalent to 2 A Levels. Similar to the work based learning for Intermediate apprentices but on a level 3 competence.
- Higher Level 4 and 5- equivalent to HNC, HND of Foundation Degree level.
- Higher Level 6 and 7- this is equivalent to a Bachelors and Masters Degree level.
Your qualification at the end of your apprenticeship will include a competencies qualification, a technical knowledge certificate and either key skills or functional skills if required.Apprenticeship benefits at Sutton Council:
- Starting salary of £9,951 rising to £12,579 in year 2
- 23 days paid annual leave
- Receive training and development
- Gain qualifications
- Bicycle loan facilities
- Childcare vouchers
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Interest free season ticket loans
- Subsidised gym membership
- Local and national discounts for shopping, eating out and leisure activities
- Business administration and office work
- Human resources
- Youth engagement
- Customer services
- Environmental and leisure works
- Adult social care & elderly care
- Young people's learning and education services
There are many different training providers that apprentices can study through whilst gaining their qualifications. These include Sutton College (SCOLA), Carshalton College, JACE Training and Orchard Hill College to name a few.
Sutton Apprenticeship Hub:
Find the latest live apprenticeship vacancies in Sutton at www.getaheadsutton.org. The Sutton Apprenticeship Hub is an up-to-date online portal designed to help match young people with local apprenticeship vacancies in Sutton and surrounding areas within Surrey.
- You can search and apply for live vacancies.
- Blog articles and success stories to read
- Hub chat forum to communicate with other apprentices
- Have access to advice and guidance on CV writing to make your application stand out.
- Information tailored to potential students, teachers, parents and businesses.
Is available on the National Apprenticeships website.
How to apply
Please click on the link:https://recruitment.tal.net