Apprenticeships - Apprenticeships in Sutton Council
An apprenticeship is on the job learning and development where you will have the opportunity to carry out a full time working role whilst achieving a nationally recognised qualification. As an apprentice, you can earn as you learn and gain practical skills from the workplace. The experience you will gain through an apprenticeship in Sutton is invaluable and when you have completed your apprenticeship you will be able to use the skills you have gained to support whatever you decide to do next.
Who can do an apprenticeship?
You can apply to be an apprentice in Sutton Council if you:
- are aged 16 - 24
- reside in Sutton and you are a UK resident
- are not in full time education
- do not have a degree or professional qualification
- are willing to undertake a National Vocational Qualification NVQ2/3.
Whether you are leaving school, have been working for years or are just seeking to start a new career, an apprenticeship with Sutton could be just right for you!
We are looking for enthusiastic, determined and motivated individuals with a desire to work. Read on for reasons why an apprenticeship could be right for you.
You will be paid
At Sutton Council apprentices are paid £179.28 per week, which adds up to over £9,000 a year. As well as earning over £9000 a year you will also:
- have 23 days paid holidays
- receive training and development
- gain qualifications
- learn job specific skills
Types of apprenticeships in Sutton Council
We have a number of young apprentices working in various departments, including:
- business administration and office work
- human resources
- youth engagement
- customer services
- environmental and leisure works
- adult social care & elderly care
- young people's learning and education services
How to apply
Search for a vacancy here.
To complete your application form refer to the guidance notes.
Once you have found a vacancy you like simply fill in the application form.
Before submitting your form use the checklist at the end of the form to ensure you have included everything.
Submit your application form by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.