Support and training
Governors are provided with comprehensive support from a range of sources;
- Governor Support Services provides a comprehensive package to schools and apart from statutory requirements also provide training, advice and support and guidance to schools which buy into the Governor Support package. See Merton and Sutton Governor Services for full details of all our services.
- The school will also provide a range of support for governors through the governing body and the Headteacher and staff.
- The Diocesan boards provide a range of support to governing bodies of church schools;
- The Department for Education provides a website of current information for schools and governing bodies on key legislative changes and general developments in education;
- The Department for Education produces a very useful guide The Governance Handbook; and
- Local governors networks such as the Forum of Sutton Governors
Access our Governor Support Website for more information.
If you are interested in becoming a school governor in Sutton visit our Governors for Schools or contact us below.
Merton and Sutton Governor Support Services
Children, Schools and Families
Merton Civic Centre
Tel: 020 8545 3307 / 3118 / 3923
Fax: 020 8545 3260