The responsibilities of the SACRE are to:
- provide advice to the Council on all aspects of its provision for religious education (RE) in its
schools (not including voluntary aided schools)
- decide whether the Council's agreed syllabus for RE needs to be reviewed and to
ensure we do so
- provide advice to the Council on collective worship in its schools (not including voluntary aided or voluntary controlled schools)
- consider any requests from headteachers to hold collective worship that is
not of a broadly Christian character
- advise on matters relating to training for teachers in RE and collective worship
The agreed syllabus
Religious education (RE) is a statutory requirement for all schools but it is not part of the national curriculum. We have the responsibility for devising the syllabus used for RE in the maintained schools in the borough. SACRE holds an agreed syllabus conference to review the syllabus every five years.
The syllabus has just been reviewed, in November 2015 and each school has been sent a copy of the revised agreed syllabus for 2015.
Agendas and Minutes of Meetings -
Please select the meeting agendas and minutes you would like to read from below.
- Agenda for meeting 14-06-2016
- Minutes for meeting 14-06-2016
- Agenda for meeting 23-02-2016
- Minutes for meeting 23-02-2016
- Agenda for meeting 03-11-2015
- Minutes for meeting 03-11-2015
SACRE Annual Reports -
Please select the annual reports you would like to review from below.
For more information and any other documents that you might like to access, please contact the RE Consultant Penny Smith-Orr on 020 8653 8606 or email email@example.com.