Joining and using Sutton library - Join the library
Your library membership will be set up and your library card will be posted to you. Once this has been received, to borrow any books or download any online media (such as ebooks) you will need to visit your library & provide two written proofs of name and address. Your nearest should be listed in our 'Find Your Local Library' area.
Professional librarians and well trained library assistants are always happy to assist with enquiries. In addition, computerised catalogues listing the latest information on book stock are available in all libraries in the borough.
Sutton Libraries is a member of the London Libraries Consortium (LLC), a consortium of 18 London library authorities who share their library management system.
The benefits for our customers are:
- Access to six million items of stock across the member authorities through a shared library catalogue.
- Only one library card needed to borrow items from any of the 18 authorities' libraries.
- Members of any of the consortium authorities will be able to borrow and return items to any libraries and use the People's Network at any of these sites.
- Standardisation of borrowing practices across the consortium. Brand new and improved website and online catalogue.
- The LLC catalogue is one of the biggest in the country and includes some of the largest community language collections in London and broadens choice for customers.
- 24/7 renewal line 0333 370 4700. Customers will be able to renew their books or make basic enquiries by telephone at any time of the day or night.