PCN Instalment Policy
The Council made a decision from 2nd June 2015 not to offer payment of Penalty Charge Notices (PCNs) by instalment.
This decision was made for the following reasons:-
- The cost of administering the system: officers spent a disproportionate amount of time arranging instalment plans, monitoring payments and chasing late payments.
- Many customers who had been allowed instalment plans failed to adhere to them.
- Only short term instalments could be allowed to keep within statutory PCN time scales.
- The legislation under which parking enforcement is undertaken, The Traffic Management Act 2004, clearly states that in order for a case to be closed, full payment must be made within certain time scales. This legislation does not provide the motorist with the opportunity to settle a case over any period of time other than that stated within the legislation. It is the Council's experience that those seeking instalment plans wish to do over a longer period than could be allowed under this Act.
- Payment arrangements could not be allowed during the discounted period as legislation states that the discounted period only last for 14 days.
- At a time when local authorities are facing budget cuts and looking to make further efficiency savings, the provision of legislative services has to be prioritised over non-legislative services.