Parking changes to be introduced
The first formal statutory traffic management order (TMO) consultation for parking proposals in Geographical Area 1 was held from July 4 to July 25, 2019.
After taking the time to review your comments, along with information from the parking beat surveys and feedback from emergency services and other statutory bodies, we have concluded that seven permit parking areas will be progressed.
The new PPPAs for Hackbridge and Wallington North are due to go live on 2nd February 2020. Residents in these zones are encouraged to apply for a permit ahead of the implementation of the schemes commencing or risk a penalty charge notice.
- HB1 (Wandle Road Hackbridge Area) controlled hours will operate Mon-Fri, 1pm to 3pm
- HB2 (Hackbridge Road Area) controlled hours will operate Mon-Sat, 8am to 6.30pm.
The new Permit Parking Area for Carshalton are due to go live from 2nd March 2020. Residents in the CS1 zone can apply for their permits from 1st February 2020.
- CS1 (Denmark Road are) controlled hours will operate Mon-Fri, 11am to 1pm.
The new Permit Parking Area for Aultone Way is due to go live from April 20, 2020. Residents in the AW zone can apply for their permits from March 2, 2020.
- AW controlled hours will operate Mon-Fri, 8am to 6.30pm.
We anticipate implementation of the following PPAs from June, 2020:
- Westminster Road, St Helier area PPA SH1 operating between 8am - 6pm Monday to Friday
- Thornton Road , St Helier area PPA SH2 operating between 8am - 6pm Monday to Friday
- Stavordale Road, St Helier area PPA SH3 operating between 8am - 6pm Monday to Friday
Find out more about eligibility and applying for parking permits.
The TMO consultation for two CPZ extensions and a PPA zone in Sutton Central and Sutton South and a small free bay scheme in Sutton North as well as yellow line proposals in a range of locations closed on November 21, 2019. The council will now consider and determine all representations received before deciding whether to proceed with the scheme as advertised, modify it or abandon the proposals.