Parking changes to be introduced
The first formal statutory traffic management order (TMO) consultation for parking proposals in Geographical Area 1 was held from July 4 to July 25, 2019.
After taking the time to review your comments, along with information from the parking beat surveys and feedback from emergency services and other statutory bodies, we have concluded that seven permit parking areas will be progressed.
New PPPAs are in place at the following locations:
- HB1 (Wandle Road Hackbridge Area) controlled hours operate Mon-Fri, 1pm to 3pm
- HB2 (Hackbridge Road Area) controlled hours operate Mon-Sat, 8am to 6.30pm.
- CS1 (Denmark Road Area) controlled hours operate Mon-Fri, 11am to 1pm.
- AW (Aultone Way area) controlled hours operate Mon-Fri, 8am to 6.30pm.
If you wish to apply for a permit you can do so now online and click “Apply for a permit”
We had also anticipated implementation of the new PPAs in St Helier (SH1, SH2 and SH3) from June, 2020. Due to the current Covid-19 crisis and the council's decision to reduce enforcement of resident parking schemes borough-wide, we will pause the roll out of the proposed PPAs in the St Helier area for the time being.
The planned schemes are:
- Westminster Road, St Helier area PPA SH1 operating between 8am - 6pm Monday to Friday
- Thornton Road, St Helier area PPA SH2 operating between 8am - 6pm Monday to Friday
- Stavordale Road, St Helier area PPA SH3 operating between 8am - 6pm Monday to Friday
The TMO consultation for two CPZ extensions and a PPA zone in Sutton Central and Sutton South and a small free bay scheme in Sutton North as well as yellow line proposals in a range of locations closed on November 21, 2019. The council will now consider and determine all representations received before deciding whether to proceed with the scheme as advertised, modify it or abandon the proposals. Due to the current COVID-19 crisis the timescale for this next step is currently under review.