Childcare Funding

Free Entitlement Funding Complaints Process

If you are unhappy with the delivery of the free entitlement you receive from a childcare provider which is listed in the Sutton Early Years Directory of Providers, you should raise your concerns with the provider in the first place. If you are not satisfied with their response and you still have concerns that the childcare provider is not offering the free entitlement appropriately, please contact Sutton Family Information Service (FIS) on 020 8770 6000 for advice.

If, after speaking to the FIS, you think the provider is not offering the free entitlement appropriately and would like to make a complaint to the local authority, please complete the online Free Entitlement Funding Form - the local authority cannot proceed with an investigation unless a form has been completed (the FIS can provide assistance in completing the form).

In the event of a complaint, it is the free entitlement team’s expectation to provide you with an initial response within 14 days. 

If you are not happy with the way your complaint has be dealt with by the free entitlement team you may make a formal complaint.

A formal complaint can be made in writing to:

Corporate Customer Care,
London Borough of Sutton,
Civic Offices,
St Nicholas Way,


Phone:       020 8770 5070
Fax:            020 8770 5404