Early Years Pupil Premium
Funding to support the development of your child
Early Years Pupil Premium is additional government funding for up to £300 a year to support the development, learning and care of your three or four year old child based on eligible criteria.
The funding is used by the childcare provider as they think best to support your child in the following areas:
- Personal, social and emotional development
- Communication and language
- Physical development
- Understanding the world
- Expressive arts and design
The childcare provider has to demonstrate to Ofsted how the funding has been used to help your child learn and develop and get ready for school. If your child moves childcare provider as longs as your child is still eligible the funding can be transferred to the new provider.
The Early Years Pupil Premium is available for any hours up to a maximum of 15 hours per week in accordance with the free entitlement to early education for all three and four year olds.
If your child has more than one childcare provider, the funding will be split in proportion to the number of hours the eligible child spends with them.
Does your child qualify for this funding?
Do you receive one of the following benefits:
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseeker's Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- The guaranteed element of State Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (provided you're not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190)
- Working Tax Credit run-on, which is paid for four weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit.
- Universal Credit
Or has your child:
- Been in local authority care for one day or more in England or Wales
- Been adopted from care in England or Wales
- Left care under a special guardianship order or residence order in England or Wales
If 'yes' to any of these talk to your childcare provider to find out if your child may be eligible and apply.
Once eligibility is confirmed we will pay the EYPP funding directly to your childcare provider.
For more information contact the Family Information Service on 020 8770 6000.