Homecare and Support services
The London Borough of Sutton has made some changes to the Homecare and Support services, with four new providers providing services in the borough from April 2018. These changes will ensure that our residents continue to receive high quality and personalised homecare.
In Locality A, the main provider of the Homecare and Support services is Star Care and they are supported by Medacs. In Locality B Westminster . Please see below for the links to all of the providers’ websites and some key facts about each of the companies.
If a customer would like to stay with their current provider, they can do so by using a Direct Payment (eligibility criteria applies) to buy homecare and support directly from the chosen provider. Further information on Direct Payments can be found in our Frequently Asked Questions.
If you have any questions or concerns about the new Homecare and Support Services provision or need to speak to one of the Direct Payment Team, please contact us on 0208 770 5000 or by using our online enquiry form.
Some more information about the new providers in the borough is listed below. Please visit their websites for further details.
Star Care: https://www.starcare.org.uk/our-services/
- support available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year
- on-call advice outside of office hours available
- dedicated Social Value Coordinator to support people to access services
- multilingual staff and a translation service
- have been delivering homecare services for over 20 years
- work with you to develop a personalised care package tailored to the individual
- has experience in providing specialist services
- all training to care workers and support workers is delivered in house
- established in 1999
- provide over 2.7 million hours of support each year
- provide over 5,000 people across 21 branches with support
- working with 40 Contracting Authorities
- have a team of over 3,000 carers across their business
- their support is designed to offer a personalised solution with tailored services to meet every individual’s specific requirements