On our website you can:
- Report faulty street lighting, abandoned cars, graffiti, rubbish, waste issues;
- Make a payment online including council tax, housing rent, general invoices, parking fines and housing benefit;
- Renew your parking permit and library books;
- Find general information on council services such as opening hours and where our offices are and when your next bin collection will be;
- Find out how to get more involved in our work and your local community;
- Get help to use our website including easy navigation and help with translations;
- Make a compliment, comment or complain about a service.
When you email a service area or complete an online form
- We will reply to you within 2 working days
- We aim to resolve all calls at the first point of contact. However, if the enquiry needs specialist advice you will receive a call back within 2 working days;
- We use answer-phones as little as possible. If you do leave a recorded message we will get back to you by the end of the next working day;
- If you don’t get through to the right person straight away, our staff will transfer you or ask the right person to telephone you back.
- It is best to make an appointment so we can see you more quickly. We aim to see all visitors within 5 minutes if you do have an appointment, but you might have to wait at least 30 minutes if you do not have an appointment.