Sutton's Armed Forces Community Covenant
What is the Armed Forces Community Covenant?
The Armed Forces Covenant is a promise from the nation to ensure that those who serve or who have served and their families, are treated fairly. This commitment is made in recognition of the sacrifices they make on behalf of the country. The Armed Forces Covenant is not designed to give the Armed Forces, Veterans and their families’ preferential treatment compared with other citizens but it should ensure that they get a fair deal and are not disadvantaged because of their service.
Who we mean by the ‘Armed Forces Community’?
All serving personnel (regulars and reserves), veterans and their families are considered to be the Armed Forces Community. Children of Armed Forces personnel – no matter the marital status of their parents – should always be considered part of the community while still dependent.
Support available in Sutton
Charities with a branch in Sutton
- the Royal British Legion Cheam and Sutton Branch provides financial, social and emotional care and support to all members of the British Armed Forces, past and present, and their families
- the Sutton Salvation Army Centre is there if you would like to meet new people and have someone to talk to regarding matters of faith, emotional or spiritual
- The Veterans Gateway (New) This is the new FIRST POINT OF CONTACT for all Veterans seeking support
- the SSAFA armed forces charity provides a range of social, family & financial services to veterans and serving personnel and their families
- the Gov.UK Support services website provides support services for military and defence personnel and their families including more information on the Armed Forces Covenant
- the CTP website provides links to all charities that support veterans, serving personnel and their families
- the Forces Support charity provides general maintenance around the home and garden while a family grieves. They provide professional maintenance personnel to carry out the work the lost family member would have done for his or her family.
- Councillor Chris Williams Lead member for the Armed Services in Sutton (email: email@example.com)
- Sam Barker (email: firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Lee Ocsko (email: email@example.com)