The London Borough of Sutton takes the security of information very seriously and we are committed to protecting your privacy.
What information do we collect about you?
We collect information about you when you register with us, contact us or use our services.
The information we collect may include, but is not restricted to, your:
- contact details (including name, title, address, email address and telephone number)
- date of birth
- UK/EU/EEA residency details
- proof of identity
- national identifiers (including NHS number and NI number)
- IP address
- website usage information
How will we use the information?
How we use information about you will depend on the services you receive from us.
In general we will use your information for, but not restricted to, the following:
- fulfil our legal duties and obligations (including safeguarding children)
- provide efficient and effective services
- collect debts
- prevent, detect and prosecute fraud, corruption or other crimes
- personalise repeat visits to our website
How long will we keep your information?
We will not keep your information for longer than is necessary unless we have a legal obligation to hold the information beyond that time. For more information about how long we retain specific information please see our retention schedule.
Marketing and newsletters
We would like to send you information about what we are doing, our services and events which may be of interest to you. If you have already consented to receive our marketing information or newsletters, you can change your mind and unsubscribe at any time by using the unsubscribe link on the email.
You have the following rights:
- the right to be informed
- the right of access
- the right to rectification
- the right to erasure
- the right to restrict processing
- the right to data portability
- the right to object
- rights in relation to automated decision making and profiling
- the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO)
Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard internet log information and visitor behaviour information. This is used to track visitor use of the website and to compile statistical reports on website activity.
For further information visit allaboutcookies.org.
You can set your browser not to accept cookies and the above websites tell you how to do this. However in a few cases some of our website features may not function as a result.
How to contact us
If you would like to know more about your rights under the Data Protection law, and what you should expect from us, visit the ICO’s website.