London Delivery Hub Terms and Conditions
Thank you for agreeing to be a volunteer London Hub Delivery driver.
By downloading and using the ViaVan Driver app (the App) and registering as a volunteer driver, you are consenting to take part in this trial and comply with all Terms and Conditions outlined in this document.
This means we the London Borough of Sutton and Royal Borough of Kingston and ViaVan (collectively known as the Parties) will collect your personal information so that we can provide the delivery service (the Service).
You consent to share the following personal information with the Parties (and their data processors) to enable your account to be set up:
- Mobile number
- Registration number
- Next of Kins Name
- Next of Kins Telephone
- The visibility of your GPS Location while you are using the App.
Your data will be handled in line with our Corporate Privacy Notices:
- London Borough of Sutton Privacy Notice and Data Protection
- Royal Borough of Kingston Upon ThamesPrivacy Notice and Data Protection
You consent to register as a driver to access the App.
Agreement From Drivers
You agree that the Parties do not accept any liability for damage caused by the App or its use.
You agree to keep your account information personal to you, and understand that you may not share your account information with, or allow access to your account by, any third party.
You agree that you will be responsible for all activity that occurs under your access credentials (including, without limitation, the behavior of any other people that travel in your party), you agree to use reasonable efforts to prevent unauthorised access to or use of the Service and to preserve the confidentiality of your username and password, and any device that you use to access the Service.
You agree to notify us immediately of any breach in security of your log-in information. If you have any reason to believe that your account information has been compromised or that your account has been accessed by a third party, you agree to immediately notify us by email at:
You will be solely responsible for the losses incurred by any unauthorised use of your account.
You agree not to share any addressing information held within the App or download any personal information to your device.
The App provides GPS navigation to assist you with the delivery route. You consent to provide location data while using the App.
Fitness to Drive:
You agree that it is your responsibility to ensure that you are driving safely and lawfully.
You agree that you:
- are fit to drive at all times
- will not drive when affected by alcohol, drugs or medicines
- will not drive when affected by illness
- will not drive when you are too tired to do so safely
- will comply with all road rules and regulations
- will inform the hub about any health issue or personal circumstances that may affect your driving and inform the DVLA of any medical condition that may affect your ability to drive safely.
You agree to abide by the UK speed limits at all times.
You agree that your vehicle has a valid MOT and valid Tax certificate.
Your Driving Licence:
You agree that you hold a full UK driving Licence.
Content To Be Included In This Evaluation:
You as a driver content to be included in any evaluation of this Service, the use of the technology and outcomes of the trial. Please note, without consent to the above it is not possible for the trial to take place. This is because the service cannot operate without the data being shared.
Your data will only be used for the purposes of the Service.
How long will we keep this information?
We will not keep your information for longer than is necessary. For the purposes of this trial we will keep this information for 2 years. After this time we will review the information to decide if it is necessary for us to keep it any longer.
How can I see what personal information is held on my record?
You can ask to see what personal information we hold about you. This is sometimes called a Subject Access Request. We will provide the information to you within one month (unless things are very complicated) and there is no cost for this. If you want to see the information we hold about you, please contact us using the Data Protection Officer Contact details provided below. You do not have to provide any reason for why you want to see this information.
Data Protection Officer Contact Details
One of the jobs of the Data Protection Officer is to advise the public on the uses of their information. At Sutton and Kingston Councils, you can contact the relevant Data Protection Officer by writing to:
Rhian Allen, Information Governance and Records Manager Royal Borough of Kingston
Do I have any other Data Protection Rights?
Yes, you have the following additional rights in relation to your personal Information:
- the right to be informed
- The right to rectification
- the right to restrict processing
- the right to object to processing
- the right to have information erased
- the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioners Office (ICO)
Lawful Basis for the Processing
At the point of collecting information from you, the law says we must tell you which laws we are relying upon to collect and use the data. The Service relies on the following conditions of the General Data Protection Regulation 2016, to allow us to collect and use your information for the purposes of providing care to you.
- Article 6(1)(a): the data subject has given consent to the processing of his or her personal data for one or more specific purposes
- Article 9(2)(a): ;the data subject has given explicit consent to the processing of those personal data for one or more specified purposes, except where Union or Member State law provide that the prohibition referred to in paragraph 1 may not be lifted by the data subject