Applying to Start Primary School 2022 (reception)
Primary School Entry for September 2022
Information on transferring for starting primary school in September 2022 for children born between 1 September 2017 and 31 August 2018.
You can start your online application from 1 September 2021 and have until 15th January 2022 to apply. National Offer Day will be 19 April 2022.
Before you apply we strongly advise that you:
- Read the Starting School Guidance Booklet explaining the application process. Last years allocation of places and how each school will allocate places this year. Due to the ongoing changes related to Covid 19 the Starting School Guidance Booklet is constantly being reviewed. Please ensure you check regularly for updates.
- Watch our How to Apply Online video
- Make sure you check the Key Dates on the next page
- Contact schools to check transport routes or to arrange a visit to hear from staff about the school achievements and plans for the future and to check the school facilities. Please visit school websites for possible open day dates or for details of how to contact them.
- If you live within the London Borough of Sutton you can use the Starting School Distance Checker to find out how far away the schools you are interested in applying to (including schools in Sutton and some in Kingston, Croydon, Merton and Surrey) are from your address.
A list of out-borough schools can be found on the following local authority websites:
Once you have reviewed the above guidance and chosen the schools you would like to apply to, the easiest way is to apply online using the e-admissions website (applications are open from 1st September 2020)
Some schools may ask for a supplementary form to be completed.
The online application will advise you if this is the case, or for more details visit our admission arrangements information.
By submitting your application you agree to the following declaration:
- I wish to apply for a place at each of the schools named in Section 4, and where I have applied for more than one school, I have listed my schools in my order of preference.
- I am the person with parental responsibility for the child named in this application, and we ordinarily reside at the address provided.
- I am not using a fraudulent address or an address of convenience and have read the definition of this on pages 9-10 of the booklet
- The information I have given is true to the best of my knowledge and belief.
- Any false, deliberately misleading or withheld information may render this application invalid and could lead to the application and any associated school offer to be withdrawn.
- I have read the Privacy Notice https://cognus.org.uk/privacy/ and understand how my information may be used.
- I will notify the Cognus School Admissions Team email@example.com of any changes to the details in this application as soon as they occur, including any change of address, and understand that failure to do so may result in an offer being withdrawn.
- I authorise the London Borough of Sutton and the Cognus School Admissions Team to make checks as they deem necessary, including enquiries of other record systems held by the Council.
If you wish to make a general enquiry, please complete the school admission enquiry form.