What can I take to the HRRC
You can take household waste and recycling to the Household Reuse and Recycle Centre. You can't take business, commercial or trade waste.
We accept for reuse:
- CD's, DVD's, Videos
- Engine oil containers
- Gas cylinders and canisters
- Textiles, fabrics, duvets and pillows
For any other items that are in good working, clean and reusable condition please speak to our staff on site to see if it could go to our reuse shop.
We accept and recycle:
- Aluminium foil
- Batteries (household and car)
- Beverage cartons
- Christmas trees
- Electrical goods and cables (large and small)
- Engine oil
- Fluorescent energy saving bulbs (if intact)
- Fridges and freezers
- Garden waste, leaves and grass cuttings
- Garden machinery, lawn mowers, grass and hedge trimmers (if applicable the fuel/oil must be removed first)
- Glass bottles, tableware, pyrex, mirrors and window glass
- Mobile phones
- Paint cans - empty and rinsed
- Paint - water based that is solidified in its pot
- Plastic bottles
- Printer toner cartridges
- Rubble and soil (6 bag limit - please separate the two material types)
- Scrap metals
- Spectacles and glasses
- Washing machines
- Non-recyclable household waste
- Hessian backed carpet*
- Rigid plastics such as children's toys and washing up bowls*
We can't take:
- Hazardous waste
- Oil based paint
To dispose of these items please contact the City of London hazardous waste service.
*Recycled where possible.
Please visit our webpage to book your visit to the Household Reuse and Recycling Centre.