What can I take to the Reuse and Recycle Centre | Reuse and Recycle Centre (RRC) | Sutton Council
COVID-19 (Coronavirus) : latest information and advice

What is the current situation with the COVID -19 (Coronavirus) and where to find more information.

Information from the London Borough of Sutton

Reuse and Recycle Centre (RRC)

What can I take to the Reuse and Recycle Centre

COVID-19(Coronavirus) latest information regarding Reuse and Recycling centre closure 

The Household Reuse and Recycling Centre at Kimpton Park Way is closed until further notice. Bulky items, garden waste, DIY waste etc. should be stored safely on your property until restrictions on non-essential travel are lifted and the site is able to re-open. 

You can take household waste and recycling to the Reuse and Recycle Centre (RRC). You can't take trade waste.

We will take and recycle:

  • aluminium foil
  • beverage cartons
  • batteries (household and car) 
  • bicycles
  • books
  • cans
  • cardboard
  • christmas trees
  • computers
  • cookers
  • electrical goods and cables (large and small)
  • engine oil 
  • fridges and freezers
  • fluorescent energy saving bulbs (if intact)
  • garden waste, leaves and grass cuttings
  • glass bottles
  • glass: tableware, pyrex, mirrors and window glass
  • hessian backed carpet *
  • lawn mowers and household garden machinery e.g. strimmers, lawn mowers (fuel/oil must be removed first, if applicable)
  • mattresses *
  • mobile phones
  • paint - water based paint (solidified in its pot)
  • paint cans - empty paint cans (rinsed first)
  • paper 
  • printer toner cartridges
  • plastic bottles
  • rubble (small amounts) 
  • rigid plastics such as children's toys and washing up bowls *
  • shoes
  • scrap metals
  • spectacles/glasses
  • televisions
  • washing machines
  • wood 

We take for reuse:

  • CDs, DVDs, Videos
  • engine oil containers
  • gas cylinders and canisters
  • textiles, fabrics, duvets and pillows

For disposal:

  • non-recyclable household waste

We can't take:

  • oil based paint 
  • asbestos 
  • antifreeze
  • chemicals
  • petrol 
You'll need to contact the City of London Hazardous waste service to get rid of these items.
*recycled where possible.