Book a bulky collection
If you've got furniture, white goods or electrical items to get rid of, you can pay for them to be collected.
You pay £31.80 for up to 3 items of furniture. This goes up to £53.30 if you would like us to collect more items - up to a total of 6 items.
Arrange a collection
Book your collection online (Please read Terms & Conditions)
Terms and Conditions
- Take note of your collection day and ensure that the items are presented on the scheduled day.
- All items must be left ready on ground level at the front boundary of your property as close to the road as possible by 6.00am. The items must be easily accessible and visible from the road at all times as collection staff will not make contact before a collection. If you live in a block of flats, the items should be placed by the bin store area for collection.
- Access code or key must be provided when booking.
- Any amendments/cancellations of collections must be made a minimum of 3 working days prior of the collection.
- Collections cannot be made from inside properties, inside blocks of flats, back gardens, garages or sheds. Residents can approach friends, relatives, charities or voluntary organisations if support is required to place the items outside the property/ block of flats.
- Make sure you have clearly specified what you want collected in your online request or on the phone. These items will be listed on the collection staff worksheet and they will not collect items that are not listed.
- It is your responsibility to ensure items are presented correctly by 6.00am. No refund will be given where items have not been presented on the scheduled day. This would have to be rebooked for another collection at an additional cost.
- Any items not presented for collection on your booking form at the time of payment will not be collected and no refund will be provided.
- We reserve the right for collection staff to refuse items on inspection which breach safety and environmental legislation by collecting / handling them such as asbestos, chemicals and other hazardous waste.
- You may cancel your collection within 3 working days of collection. In this case, the Council will refund the payment made for the bulky waste service. However, the Council will not refund any money if the cancellation is not made within this time period.
- In the event that there is a problem with the bulky waste collection service please contact the Council to report the problem within 48 hours.
- The Council (via the Contractor) will make every effort to carry out collections on your collection day between 6am and 8pm. There may be delays due to events outside of the Council’s control. In the event that a collection can not be completed or is delayed within the hours of service it will be completed by the end of the next working day (Monday to Friday, excluding bank holidays). The Council will endeavour to provide notice to you of this.