What the trees team does
Manage public trees that grow on highways and park sites
- routinely inspect the structural and biological condition of the public tree stock and organises tree works (following best practice). Tree inspection/works schedules can be found on our Tree inspection and pruning page.
- provides a 24hr emergency service
- promotes trees and a general presumption against removal of healthy trees where possible
- organizes and monitors the council’s term contractor
- respond to enquiries from, amongst others, residents and resident’s groups, businesses, councillors, other council departments and officers, friends groups, and learning service
- works with the Council’s insurance department to resolve claims for damages linked to trees