Our vision for cleaner air
Our aim is for Sutton's air to be cleaner and meet the required standards for nitrogen dioxide as soon as possible. The borough will be a place where walking and cycling short journeys is easy, pleasent and safe. People will have access to a good public transport network and infrastructure to enable a switch to low emission vehicles. By March 2022, 48 per cent of journeys to Sutton will be made by walking, cycling or public transport. There will be fewer motor vehicle journeys which will help improve air quality.
- By March 2022, 48 per cent of journeys in Sutton will be made by walking, cycling or public transport.
- By March 2022, 36 per cent of people will be doing 20 minutes of active travel a day.
- By December 2021, 24 per cent of Sutton's population will be within 400m of the strategic cycle network.
- Develop and deliver an action plan for meeting the national air quality standards as soon as possible.
- Continue to take action to reduce levels of particulate matter (PM10).
The delivery of these targets will be monitored by the borough's Air Quality Action Plan.