Working in partnership with the Mayor of London on an innovative new scheme offering high-quality solar photovoltaic (PV) panels
Sutton is working in partnership with the Mayor of London on an innovative new scheme offering high-quality solar photovoltaic (PV) panels to help deliver the Mayor's vision of a zero-carbon city. Part of the Mayor's Energy for Londoners programme, Solar Together London is a collective purchasing scheme. It brings together households and local government to get high quality solar panels at a highly competitive price.
How does it work?
- Registration: you register for free. You need to tell us details of your roof, like its size and position. The more people that register, the better the deal for each household. Registration does not commit you to anything.
- Auction: an auction will be held when pre-vetted installers submit their lowest prices.
- Your personalised offer: two weeks after the auction you will be contacted with a personalised offer, based on the specifications of your roof. It includes your costs and return on the investment of a solar panel installation.
- You decide: the decision is then yours as to whether you want to accept your offer. There is no obligation to continue. You will have several weeks to decide and will be invited to visit an information session.
- Installation: if you accept the offer, the winning supplier will contact you to schedule a survey of your roof and set an installation date. Your installation should be completed within six months after you accept the offer.
Registration opens - 23 June 2018
Auction takes place - 22 August 2018
Personalised offers sent out - from 10 September 2018
Acceptance ends - 19 October 2018
Installations take place - October 2018 to March 2019
The dates above are for the second Solar Together London auction. Installation from the first auction are taking place from June 2018.
Find out more
Solar Together London is being run in partnership with iChoosr - independent experts in group buying. Their dedicated helpdesk is available to answer your questions from 8am-5pm, Monday to Friday on 0800 06 08 509.