COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Update
Birth registrations: Unfortunately we are not able to carry out any birth registration appointments until further notice. The 42 day requirement to register a birth has been relaxed and no action will be taken if you have not registered within that time frame. You can make a claim for child benefit prior to the birth being registered.
Having a baby? Here you can find out about registering your new born, applying for a certificate and more...
Before continuing, here are some things you need to know:
- by law, all babies need to be registered within 42 days
- Sutton offers an appointment only service for birth registrations
- only babies born in Sutton can be registered by our staff
- if a baby is born outside of Sutton, our staff can take a declaration of that and forward to the correct registration office. Please contact the Register Office receiving the declaration to arrange payment for a birth certificate.
- when visiting the Register Office for your appointment, please make sure you get to us with time to spare.