Ordering a copy certificate
From Monday 2nd October 2017 to April 2018 the Register Office will be relocating to Sutton Civic Office while a new marriage and conference room is built.
During the refurbishment of Sutton Register Office, Worcester Road, we will be operating from the Sutton Civic Offices, where we do not have full access to our records.
For events registered in the London Borough of Sutton from 1970 onwards: please order a copy certificate online here.
For events registered in the London Borough of Sutton before 1970 or events registered outside of the borough: please visit the General Register Office or call them on 0300 123 1837.
What you need to know:
- Important! You can only purchase copy birth, death or marriage certificate if the event occurred in the London Borough of Sutton
- if the event was registered in Sutton within the last 3 months, please contact a Registrar on 0208 770 6790 as the entry may still appear in the current register (therefore, may only cost £7)
- the fee for a standard birth, death or marriage certificate is £10
- copy certificates should be ordered from the register office where the event occurred
- the Register Office will post your certificate(s) within 5 working days