To arrange an appointment to register a death, please call our Customer Contact Centre on 0208 770 6790.
It is a legal requirement to register a death within 5 days unless the coroner has been notified.
Before carrying on, here are some things you need to know
- the new Tell Us Once service helps you tell the relevant public organisations of a death
- a death must be registered within the registration district where it occurred normally within 5 days, although in some circumstances this may be extended to 14 days. However, if you cannot book a death registration online within 2 working days please telephone the office on 020 8770 6790.
- if there are special circumstances, you can get a document allowing the burial or cremation before registering a death from the Register Office. If you would like us to arrange this for you, please contact us
- if the death occurred at St Helier Hospital, you can register it at our office there. This is open Tuesday and Thursday afternoons where the bereavement office can arrange an appointment for you
- if you would like to speak to one of our staff please contact us giving details of your enquiry and full contact details (including at a time when we can call you back)