Ordering a copy certificate
For events registered in the London Borough of Sutton from 1970 onwards: please order a copy certificate online here.
For events registered in the London Borough of Sutton before 1970 or events registered outside of the borough: please visit the General Register Office or call them on 0300 123 1837.
What you need to know:
- Important! You can only purchase copy birth, death or marriage certificate if the event occurred in the London Borough of Sutton
- if the event was registered in Sutton within the last 3 months, please contact a Registrar on 0208 770 6790 as the entry may still appear in the current register (therefore, may only cost £7)
- the fee for a standard birth, death or marriage certificate is £10
- copy certificates should be ordered from the register office where the event occurred
- if your marriage took place in a Church they may still hold the register, this means you would need to apply to the church for your certificate
- the Register Office will post your certificate(s) within 5 working days