Apply to become a British citizen
Find out more information about applying for British citizenship, or another form of British nationality, from the Home Office (UK Border Agency.
Joint Citizenship and Passport Application Service
You are now able to apply for your UK passport at the same time as your citizenship application.
This easy, efficient service has been developed in partnership with the Home Office. If your citizenship application is successful and a ceremony is attended, your new passport will be dispatched to your home.
The service costs an additional £15.00. Please call the office on 0208 770 6790 to book your appointment.
- Applicants should complete sections 1, 2, 3, 4, 6 (if applicable) and 9 of the passport application form. They do not need to complete section 10 nor have the 2 photographs certified. Details of referees will be collected as part of the citizenship application.
- The photographs submitted with both applications must be identical (i.e. from the same sitting) and comply with the photo standards as described in the accompanying guidance. Applicant’s name should be written on the back of the photographs.
- Section 1: Any applicant within 6 months of their 16th birthday at the time of application must attend the appointment in person.
- Section 2: Please do not enter a mobile phone number in section 2 of the application form. Please enter it in Section 8 instead.
- Section 4: Grandparents’ details are not required.
- The payment mandate on Page 25 of the Application guidance must be completed. Please ensure that the security number of the card is entered in the appropriate box.
- If you are unsure about any requirements leave the section of the form blank and complete it at your appointment.