Some things you need to know about Sutton Register Office
- an out of hours service is available solely for religious burials and, in extreme circumstances, for marriages/civil partnerships on 020 8770 5000
- Sutton Register Office can only arrange and help with events happening in England and Wales. If you are marrying outside of England and Wales and need paperwork, please use the online enquiry form
- the easiest way to register a birth, death or marriage or to request copy certificates, is to Do it Online
- only events that occur within the London Borough of Sutton can be registered at Sutton Register Office
- if you were born in another district please contact the Registration Service within that district with your request. Please note we do not provide certificates for Sutton Coldfield births. Please contact 0300 123 1837 for Sutton Coldfield enquiries
- registrations of births and deaths are completed in the district in which they occur. Arrangements can be made if the event occurred elsewhere
- a marriage, citizenship ceremony can be held in any district even if you are not resident within that district.
- Supporting you with your application to the European Union Settlement Scheme, this service is for Sutton residents only.
- when contacting us, please use our online enquiry form and select the relevant type of enquiry or 'Other' if not listed. If visiting, please make sure you go to the Register Office address as staff at other locations will not be able to help you